Helpful Reminders For 2023 Compliance
It seems that there are constantly moving targets when it comes to HR compliance. So how are you supposed to keep track? Here’s a quick reminder of important things that should be done in the fall to keep you on track with 2022 compliance deadlines.
Year-End Human Resources Compliance Checklist
Have your employee handbook assessed. Is it up to date?
- Does your employee handbook reflect changes to your state-specific laws?
- Are there policies that should be amended or added to protect you?
- Assess all vulnerable areas within your employment practices to ensure legal compliance.
- Implement an ongoing handbook monitoring practice to avoid being caught off-guard by changes to relevant laws and policies.
Examine your company benefits package.
- Compare your offering to market averages to stay competitive.
- Update benefits package (if needed).
Employee Open Enrollment
Finalize your employee open enrollment.
- Verify employee dependent coverage.
- Distribute new health insurance cards to employees.
- Ensure PTO is properly accounted for at the end of the year, in accordance with your policy.
Prepare for ACA compliance responsibilities if you’re required.
- Calculate the number of Full-Time Employees (FTEs).
- Double-check the status of grandfathered plans to see if they can carry over.
- Distribute Health Insurance Marketplace Notices to employees.
- Consider amending employee pre-tax contribution to FSA to meet any increases.
- Prepare for reporting Forms 1094-C and 1095-C to the IRS.
- Check for the latest updates on changes in ACA laws.
If you are an applicable large employer (ALE) of 50 or more employees, you must provide employees with their benefits-related reporting via form 1095C and both the 1094C and the 1095C to the IRS. If you are self-insured or do not fall under the ALE definition, you must file the 1095B to all employees and both the 1094B and 1095B to the IRS. Related to this, if you participate in the Multiple Employer Welfare Agreement (MEWA), you must file the M-1 if you provide benefits for 2 or more employees.
Are you feeling overwhelmed by ACA filing options? MyHRConcierge offers assistance for businesses to maintain compliance through our service ACACompli.
- Evaluate your screening packages and products to be sure they are meeting your needs.
- Ask your screening expert how they can streamline your current package and evaluate new ideas and products.
- Explore creating a Custom Hiring Package that can give you more information and comprehensive screening for your screening budget.
- Check that your screening company is utilizing 1-click applicant invitations to keep you paperless and more efficient.
- Reach out to ask for an end-of-year one-on-one evaluation of your screening goals and how you can get the most out of your employee screening option.
To learn more about HR compliance and support for your company, contact MyHRConcierge by phone at 1-855-538-6947 ext.108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.