New Form I-9 Now Available
Last Updated on October 16, 2023 by G. T. HR
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services issued the newest version of the Form I-9 on August 1, 2023. Employers must use the new form to verify the identity and employment authorization of their employees hired within the United States.
The new form contains changes to the form and instructions. Some of these changes include:
- Shortening the form to one page
- Ensured the form can be filled out on tablets and mobile devices
- Removed certain features to ensure the form can be downloaded easily
- Added a checkbox for E-Verify employers to indicate when they remotely examined Form I-9 documents
- Reducing the instructions from fifteen to eight pages
- Streamlined the instructions for each step an actor has to complete
You can find a summary of the changes to the form HERE.
Employers may begin using the new edition beginning August 1, 2023, but may continue to use the 2019 version of the form through October 31, 2023. Beginning November 1, 2023, only the new Form I-9 dated “08/01/2023” may be used. The new form expires July 31, 2026.
You can view the new form and related instructions on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website HERE.
MyHRConcierge Will Help You Navigate the New Form I-9
MyHRConcierge has experts to help you navigate the new Form I-9. Contact us today at 855-538-6947 ext 108, email@example.com or schedule a consultation below.